Friday, October 8, 2010

Mile 500!

Day #39 today.  Much easier going now that we are out of the "Big" mountains.  We have traded the long exposed ridge lines and icy mornings of the White Mountains for the rolling pastures and switch-backed grades of the Greens.  Still getting some awesome views though, we had lunch at the ski resort on top of Killington Mountain today.  Most people rode the gondola up, yeah, we walked.  It is neat how the trail feels quite wilderness-ish most of the time, but then all of a sudden we break out into a ski resort.

We are doing better about food now.  It is easier to eat more when we can resupply every few days.  We still carry the same amount, we just don't have to make it last as long.  We have been walking through some small towns the last few days and they all have a deli... it is awesome.

Sorry about the lack of pictures.  I am updating this from our new phone.  Which is cool since we are camped out on the side of a mountain right now, but I do not have it all figured out yet.  My lack of ability with this contraption (I cannot figure out how to go back and edit once I type - I have no curser) could have something to do with the fact that I haven't operated a piece of technology more complicated than a bic lighter in some time.  Wish me luck...
Still walking.
Tyrell

No comments:

Post a Comment